It is time again for our 6th Annual Half Moon Bay Little League Hit-A-Thon!
This is a fun and worthwhile fundraising event! HMBLL and Smith Field is completely funded and maintained by Half Moon Bay Community and Little League Player donations. These funds go a long way to support not only field maintenance and upgrades, but also equipment, scholarships and trainings. HMBLL is a non-profit organization; so don't forget your employer sponsored matching funds. (Tax ID #23-7084722)
- New this year HMBLL is working with 99pledges to provide a Hit-A-Thon to make the event more fun, competitive, and easier: https://99pledges.com/fund/HMBLL
- The new HMBLL Hit-A-Thon website has a Player Donation Page for every player. Sponsors can make their per foot or flat donation pledge on the site. Once the Hit-A-Thon is completed and the certified distance is entered for the player your payment method will be charged. The player's Hit-A-Thon page lets you see how your sponsored player is doing in reaching his or her goal.
- For those that need a printable manual hit-a-thon pledge form for the office, standing outside of Safeway, or dinner parties we have a PDF form available under the 'Parents' section of our website http://www.hmbbaseball.org/pdf/HMBLL_2018_hit-a-thon_package.pdf
- The teams will hit the week of April 24th during the player's team practice. The players will get 10 hits and their hit distance will be evaluated by the team Manager and Coaches. All 10 hits will be recorded with their biggest hit certified as their Hit-A-Thon entry, (maximum hit – over the fence for 200 feet) and then recorded on the player's pledge webpage. Each player and their team will collect pledges/donations prior, during and after their Hit-A-Thon. Sponsors may pledge per foot (for example: Player hits their best ball 108 feet. Sponsor amount is $1.00 per foot, so amount is 108 x $1.00 = $108.00). Sponsors may also give a flat donation that the player can collect upfront.
- Prizes are awarded in the following categories:
- Top fund raiser overall in the Half Moon Bay Little League community
- Top fund raiser within the player's division (for example in the Minors Teams Division)
- Top fund raiser for their Team
- In addition to make things exciting there will be spot awards based on fundraising amounts within a given period of time.
- Prizes will be awarded in May!
HMBLL will be awarded prizes based on how much money they collect for the Hit-A-Thon. Players will have until April 30th to collect pledges/donations.
Prize winners will be listed on our Hit-A-Thon page Hall of Fame for the year.
For questions please contact your Team Parent, Team Manager our Fundraising Volunteer
HMBLL Fundraising & Merchandising